Interim Commissioning Manager
A public sector organisation based in Bexley are currently looking for an Interim Commissioning Manager on an initial 4 month contract, the pay rate is between £25 and £30 per hour via PAYE.
- An experienced Interim Commissioning Manager is required to support our Head of Integrated Older People Commissioning, during this very busy Covid period. You will work as part of the team to support the care home, home care, telecare and older people’s day care markets as well as the local voluntary sector, in the on-going response to covid outbreak management, resident and staff vaccine programmes, capacity and market management. You may be asked to take forward elements of on-going strategic commissioning projects as operational priorities change in response to the pandemic.
Adult Social Care is currently operating on a one in two day office attendance basis – but working fully from home is an option.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or minimum NVQ 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject, or experience in working in a similar role
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Management qualification - Desirable
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of older peoples care home, telecare, day care and home care market including quality assurance and CQC requirements.
- Knowledge of local authority Care Act duties in relation to care home market and management of provider concerns
- Understanding of the principles of good quality and value for money in securing services
- Report writing, verbal and presentation skills to and the ability to present reports at to teams and more senior officers
- Analytical and Problem solving skills to anticipate and respond appropriately to situations as they arise.
- Ability to utilise interpersonal and negotiation skills in dealing effectively and sensitively with internal and external customers and service users about contentious, sensitive, confidential issues.
- Management / supervisory skills including the ability to set targets & objectives, appraisal reviews, and staff training & development to ensure a high level of performance.
- Computer literate and the ability to use a variety of technology available in order to manage, analyse / interpret and present complex, confidential and sensitive data / information.
- Project management skills and the ability to influence, motivate and manage people / teams to deliver against objectives and deadlines.
- Experience of commissioning services for older people to maximise independence and minimise escalation to residential care
- Significant experience of service delivery and development including change management.
- Experience of managing staff and experience of prioritising workloads of others
- Experience and knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of information in the context of managing and communicating confidential / sensitive / contentious information to internal and external customers or clients.
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations or clients in a confident and sensitive manner within the confines of policy, procedures and/or legislation
- Experience of working with minimal supervision in forward planning, prioritising workloads and delivering objectives to specific deadlines and timescales.
- Experience of Adult Social Care policy, procedures and issues.