REED Construction are delighted to be working closely with a well recognised construction company based in Middlesbrough who are seeking to recruit an experienced Commercial Services Manager on a permanent basis. To be considered for this role you MUST have previously worked in a similar role type with a proven ability to control, develop and report on successful commercial delivery of a programme. This really is an exciting new role within a hugely popular housing provider, where you will build relationships with internal delivery teams and construction partners from the sector.
Some of the successful candidates key duties will include:
- Taking a lead on commercial management associated with Asset Investment programmes and co-ordinate resources associated with providing good accounting and budget management.
- Being accountable for financial forecasts for Internal direct works teams’, contractors’, and partners’ expenditure over the duration of projects. Providing support for financial planning, forecasting and budget controls.
- Providing a commercial appraisal report to the Senior Management Team on a monthly basis.
- Act as a source of professional expertise for colleagues across the Investment team on commercial management matters
- Lead on contract procurement, management and performance across the Asset Investment team and support Group Procurement through various frameworks that support our business requirements.
- Undertake feasibility studies, investigations, scope and prepare cost plans and estimates to inform high level decision making regarding commercial and development opportunities.
Key knowledge, skills & experience required to be considered:
- Knowledge of NEC3 or NEC4 framework experience is preferable together with a solid understanding of JCT forms of contract and Alliance/Partnering and collaborative Contract management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial management in both public and private sectors.
- Well-developed influencing, persuasive and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge and awareness of legislation that is relevant to the construction industry.
If you think the above role sounds like the perfect next opportunity for you then please apply immediately to avoid disappointment!