,Neasden, London, NW10
0800-1730 hours, with 1 hours unpaid lunch / Auto enrolment to pension /6 months’ probation.
Salary: £30-35.00 depending on experience.
Target start: ASAP
Main Purpose of the role: To manage commercial and accounts aspects and maximise financial effectiveness and profitability through diligent application of commercial practices.
Reporting to: – Head of Operations
Commercial Assistant(s), Planners, Contract Managers, Clients and Sub-contractors
As a Commercial/Accounts Manager, you will….
• Manage the weekly processing of operative/s wages.
• Receive and administer Orders from the Client and to Sub-contractors.
• Issue period valuation(s) and invoices to the Client in accordance with Contract schedules and timescales required.
• Produce and monitor an internal invoicing register using Excel formulas and Pivot Tables in order to efficiently administrate outstanding PO’s and debts.
• Supervise Commercial Assistants’ procedures and time management by conducting regular checks and assisting where required.
• Supply additional support to the accounting team when required. i.e. supplying remittance breakdowns, confirming expenses and providing additional information.
• Recording and monitoring receipt of CPAF from client, reconciling any differences.
• Raising sub-contract orders when required by the Sub-Contractor and processing invoices for payment.
• Identify and analyse the variances between financial applications and receipts in a timely manner. Performing revenue and cost control throughout each period to identify cost savings and profit maximization.
• Performing period end commercial reconciliations in preparation to present a report to the Board of Directors indicating the company’s current state of value.
• Issue quotes for contracts as requested by line management.
• Undertake any additional tasks as requested by the Head of Operations.
• Identifying any client requests that would require a variation to contract and notifying the Head of Operations who will advise actions required.
• Attend monthly Client Period Review meetings to resolve any commercial issues or questions raised during the period.
• Safeguard all monies, property, documents and confidential information belonging to the Company, clients or personnel.
(The above list is not exhaustive, and the post-holder may be asked to undertake such additional tasks as reasonably required by management)
Health and Safety Requirements
- Comply with the company’s HSQE policies and all other company policies applicable to the effective discharge of your role
- Be familiar with all safety requirements relevant to your post
- Lead in the effective communication & implementation of safety related initiatives that apply to the works under your control
- Attend client and company safety meetings/briefings as required, ensuring full attendance from your team (s) where you have responsibility to do so
- Comply with fatigue management guidelines
- Identify your portfolio/department GDPR Lead and receive a briefing on GDPR as it applies to your activities.
- Ensure the application of good GDPR practices, in line with the company’s GDPR policies, procedures & processes, at all times
- Immediately report any suspected GDPR data breach to you portfolio/department GDPR Lead or Head of Human Resources (HR)