This role sits within the Counter Terrorism Policing Pillar that is embedded with the Counter Terrorism Policing HQ.
In this role you will be expected to undertake Category Management, contributing to delivering Commercial Excellence for the Met, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor. You will also develop relationships with MPS’s key and strategic suppliers, driving value for money and risk management excellence across the category.
You will play an essential part in leading parts of the overall commercial life cycle. You will own key aspects of Category Management, including Strategy and Policy development, understanding needs and sourcing options, and the procurement process itself.
Essential experience and qualifications:
- A successful career in procurement with typically 2 + years category management experience with demonstrable achievements centred of best value and efficiency via leading edge category solutions
- A good understanding EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations
- Demonstrable ability of using MI from systems to inform decision making and deliver optimum commercial solutions
- Experience of working at varying levels with internal and occasionally external stakeholders
- CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification
- SC Clearance
Please note: This role is deemed INSIDE IR35.