REED Sales are recruiting a Commercial Manager for one of our clients within the FMCG market specialising in chilled food products, who based in East Anglia.
You will be required to deliver sales growth in the UK market of retailers through effectively negotiating and selling the company’s products. Build relationships with buyers and establish new contracts. You will be responsible for a small portfolio of own accounts whilst assisting the Sales Director and Commercial MD with Key National Accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day to day commercial activities with customers.
- Agree pricing with customers following sign off by Commercial Director.
- Accurate forecasting of sales through the company’s forecasting system to be updated as a minimum monthly.
- Completion of NPD briefs and the delivery of NPD in line with customer and company’s systems and procedures in liaison with the NPD Manager and the Commercial Director.
- Communication of customer plans to the management team
- Cross functional communication with production / planning / technical / dispatch / marketing & design / NPD.
- Completion of all required paperwork including but not limited to customer orders / transport bookings / NPD briefs
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- To ensure all customers’ accounts are kept up to date and that the business is not exposed to ‘bad debts’ through proper credit control and credit insurance application.
- Assist the Commercial Director in all areas sales activity and to deputise for the Sales Director in their absence.
- Agree customer support including but not limited to over-riders / promotional activity & funding / POS / Long Term Arrangements (LTAs) / Marketing / Catalogues.
- Full account responsibility for designated customers/portfolio
- To be proactive in the identification of opportunities that will grow the business and that maximise profitability and delivers high customer satisfaction.
- Experience in negotiating at a buyer level with retailers.
- 2-3 years’ experience in managing / supporting commercial relationships with the UK retailers (food services /FMCG).
- Good understanding of the retail supply chain.
- IT literacy and competency with ability to present to customers and at Board level- good numerical capability, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to identify new customer opportunities.
- Proactive nature and inquisitive mindset. A tenacious self-starter with ability to work on own initiative.
- P&L responsibility, numerate and ability to understand and develop costings to meet the needs of the category do we need this in as the point is repeated below.
- Ability to communicate to internal stakeholders and work in a cross functional team environment, building strong relations internally and externally, both written and verbally.
- Financial and commercial awareness – ability to understand P&L through commercial eyes.
- Solutions driven, strategic thinker with attention to detail and a can-do attitude, managing own time effectively.
What you will receive
- Basic Salary of £30k-£40k depending on experience, plus commission / bonus structure.
- Car allowance
- Company matching pension.
- 20 days + UK bank holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please get in contact with Dan Alderson REED Sales.