My client is a successful Serviced Apartment provider with locations throughout the U.K. They are now seeking a Commercial Director to join the team.
The role will have full responsibility for competitor analysis, monitoring activity from key competitors and delivering key insights into future strategy and development. Key relationships within the business will be in direct line with the partnerships, operations, marketing and finance teams. As the Commercial Director, this candidate will be required to keep abreast of industry developments to maximise channel performance and future development with senior members of staff. The ideal candidate should be highly analytical, commercially astute and have a wealth of knowledge of the hotel sector.
• The prime responsibility to ensure that the desired strategies are successfully accomplished by managing and directing the sales team.
• Create a strong business relationship with the other members of the commercial team to identify and pursue the scopes for business development.
• It will be the responsibility to maintain the effective coordination with the sales, marketing and executive team to make it function smoothly.
• Responsible for the planning and executing of both short and long term revenue deriving strategies of the organization.
• Manage the different aspects of the commercial and other related field of the organization.
• Successfully handle the both short and long-term commercial ventures.
Strong commercial skills, ability to relate and compare data from various sources
Previous experience working in a commercial product, pricing or sales role
Excellent presentation skills, ability to convert data onto a power point to present to senior members of staff
Excellent communication skills, IT literal and highly analytical
Strong market knowledge – knowledge of the UK hotel sector required
Previous experience working within a OTA, meta search or tour operator
Previous experience working with TMC’s, TMO’s and Agents
Proven travel record of hitting targets and results focused
Ability to travel for work when required
Ability to work across various platforms within the business across various departments