|Location: READING, BERKSHIRE||Salary: 25000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Insurance||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3057364|
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the profitable development of e-traded small business, by case underwriting new business risks and actively managing renewals, including:
- Developing and supporting small business account by engaging and encouraging
new and existing relationships with regional brokers.
- Ensuring technical underwriting rates and criteria are accurately applied to all
- Contributing towards the achievement of annual financial plan
- Profitably underwrite, on a case-by-case basis, new and renewal small business risks
within underwriting criteria.
- Underwrite within strategy and authority limits and refer all cases outside of
strategy or individual limits.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with regional brokers.
- Maintain and endeavour to exceed, agreed service levels to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain an accurate audit trail using company systems, practices and procedures.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of:
- The small business market
- The regional broking marketplace
- Legislation and litigation which could affect the writing of business
- Provide support and act as a referral point to Technicians & Consultants within the
Commercial Lines Underwriting Services Centre.
- Participate in, and undertake any ad-hoc tasks, that may be requested to ensure the
smooth running of the Small Business Trading Unit.
- Ensure that our customers are treated in accordance with the principals of Treating
Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Act in accordance with the Company’s values with both internal and external customers to facilitate continued and improved company reputation and success.
-Minimum Cert CII (DipCII, or progress towards is preferred)
-A sound understanding of general insurance principles, preferably with a broking background
-A detailed understanding and experience of the Small Business e-traded market
-The ability to assess technical risk, apply that knowledge and make decisions within authority level(s)
-A strong and decisive approach to underwriting, as the jobholder is required to manage both the technical assessment and underwriting of each risk
-Excellent communication skills both written and oral, with the ability to work with others internally and externally
-Good problem solving skills and the experience to prioritise work and meet specified deadlines
Salary: Depending on experience
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
CITY OF LONDON, LONDONRead more
30000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
LEAMINGTON SPA, WARWICKSHIRERead more
20000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
WEST MALLING, KENTRead more
20000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
West MallingRead more
15850.00 - 19825.00 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more