|Location: LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE||Salary: 40000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3071775|
You will be liaising with all areas of the business and at all levels, balancing the needs of potentially conflicting stakeholders. You will need to deliver MI, analysis, documentation and presentational material to senior management and executive committees, to the required standards, providing evaluation and insight; ensuring that the processes and numbers are robust, controlled, accurate, reconciled and understood.
• 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Bonus scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Pension Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Subsidised staff investment and mortgage products
a. Supporting the Treasury and Customer Divisions and in particular, the product managers in understanding and managing their financial performance including the preparation of daily/weekly/monthly reports, forecasts and budgets (including Funds Transfer Pricing).
b. Challenging the business in relation to the accuracy of their forecasts and budgets and of the explanations (to the Board and Committees) of variances, working closely with the product teams and Financial Planning. This includes contributing to the development of the Income forecasting and reporting system (currently Alfi) and ensuring the quality and accuracy of the outputs to ensure that the Head of Mortgage & Savings and the Head of Treasury can rely on the numbers and be confident in delivering against them.
c. Reviewing and challenging pricing proposals, ensuring that decisions made are timely, optimal and financially and strategically sound (i.e. sustainable). Regularly checking that the models underpinning the pricing decisions are fit for purpose and include robust, commercial assumptions.
d. Developing and leading the EIR modelling and any future developments in this area, ensuring the accounting follows the relevant accounting standards and is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
e. Validating (and challenging where appropriate) the income benefits included in business managers’ investment appraisals in support of expenditure requests, and ensuring that they are accurately reflected in any budgets and forecasts.
f. Providing the Board and its Committees with consolidated views and summaries of key issues, trends and variances via the Income – Reporting & Analysis team.
g. Supporting the FD, Deputy FD and others in ad hoc income analyses and commercial initiatives.
If you are analytical, commercial, flexible, enthusiastic and able to interpret large amounts of data you might be the ideal candidate for this role.
• Rigorous, methodical and well organised, ensuring that activities are correctly prioritised and that all interested parties are aware of responsibilities, deadlines and progress.
• Working knowledge of budget, forecast and income tracking systems.
• Strong Excel and database skills with the ability to undertake analysis of large amounts of data.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Intellectually strong and capable of digesting and interpreting financial information.
• Ability to identify and address key risks/implications associated with any activities or changes.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced, changing environment demonstrating flexible attitude and an ability to embed change within both a team and the business.
• Experience of working in a in a multi-disciplined, deadline-driven, Finance function.
Financial Services experience would help but is not essential
45000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWHAVEN, EAST SUSSEXRead more
55000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
50000.00 - 65000.00 GBP Per Annum
GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRERead more
45000.00 - 53000.00 GBP Per Annum
SPALDING, LINCOLNSHIRERead more
60000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
CITY OF LONDON, LONDONRead more