|Location: LEICESTER, LEICESTERSHIRE||Salary: 30000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Health||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 9 months ago||Reference: 3092867|
Our client places clients at the heart of the services they offer and design packages of care around them. This means that they are able to support people on a ‘live in’ or ‘live out’ basis.
Unlike many domiciliary care organisations, we employ a Nursing Team and Therapists who supervise the service we provide to our clients. Each member of our Nursing Team has specialist skills and knowledge relevant to the client group we support.
Our service operates nationwide. They recruit Live In and Live Out care workers UK wide; award winning induction training is offered as standard for all new recruits.
Care packages are managed by a field based clinical team, (Care Service Managers or CSMs), comprising nurses, physiotherapists and OTs. To maintain its pre-eminent position, it is imperative that the organisation: –
•Is able to attract the right calibre of clinical staff in the right locations to meet the demands of the business development team.
•Stays focussed on the individual needs of each client.
•Operate within the quality framework.
•Remains responsive and is able to assess and set up care packages for potential new clients quickly.
•Can maintain excellent customer service with its clients, PA cohort and customers.
• Train and assess Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff in clinical skills such as Suction, Tracheostomy care, Ventilation, Enteral Feed, Catheterisation etc.
• Work with the training team and local clinical teams to ensure all Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff possess the knowledge and skills to carry out extended roles in a simulated training environment (this will compliment client based competencies outside the classroom)
• Train and assess Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff in mandatory skills such as Safer People Handling, Medication administration, 1st aid and deliver mandatory training content such as Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Continence Care
• Deliver additional group or one to one sessions as required
• Work with the Training Team to support the training, development and supervision of Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff, including Neurogenic Bowel Management & Competency Training
• Update specialist knowledge & skills in line with current best practice regarding Neurological conditions etc.
• Contribute to the review of training and development resources and content
• Attend and contribute to Team Meetings and other meetings as required
• Maintain own knowledge and competence by undertaking appropriate continuing professional development and clinical/ non-clinical supervision as needed
• Inform the Training Manager/Care Service Manager/ Regional Clinical Manager of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of client care and/or health and safety of employees
• Liaise with various departments as needed
• Enter relevant training onto PA record where applicable
• Tasks and projects as determined by Training Manager/ Regional Clinical Manager and within the scope of the role
• Registered General Nurse, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse, Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse, with knowledge and understanding of clinical skills such as Tracheostomy, Enteral Feed, and Catheterisation etc.
• Previous experience working with people with Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury or long term Neurological conditions, ideally in a community setting
• Confidence when working within a team as well as self-motivated to work independently
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Adaptable and flexible approach to tasks
• Computer literate with good Microsoft Word knowledge
• Independent, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
• Car owner with full UK driving license
• Training qualification i.e. Teaching & Assessing award, Mentorship award, Safer People Handling Trainer and/or Assessor
19000.00 - 22500.00 GBP Per Annum
HAMMERSMITH, LONDONRead more
45000.00 - 49000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
LANCASTER, LANCASHIRERead more
LANCASTER, LANCASHIRERead more
29000.00 - 31000.00 GBP Per Annum
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
25000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more