- Do you have experience as a Clinical Project Manager managing large scale clinical trials from Inception to Completion?
- Do you have experience overseeing all associated activities - setting goals, monitoring progress and addressing challenges?
- Do you have excellent knowledge of good clinical practice and all regulatory requirements governing the research use of in vitro diagnostics?
- Do you remain calm under pressure and are able to perform in a busy and hectic role?
- Are you a confident, fair, and strong leader?
If you can answer YES to these then I need to hear from you!!!
Please call me to discuss this role in further detail - Simon Lambert - 0207 939 7303
My client is a Cancer Prevention Trials Unit based in London, specialising in research to advance cancer prevention, early diagnosis and screening.
About the role
They are looking for an exceptional candidate to join the team to lead an exciting new early detection study in 2021. You will be the clinical project manager for a NHS research study of a multi-cancer early detection test.
Over 700,000 people across England will be invited to receive a novel CE-marked, blood test for the presence of over 50 cancers. You will be responsible for set-up and delivery of the project in close coordination with key stakeholders.
You will have a strong interest and knowledge of health innovation and health service delivery, and experience of fostering strategic relationships with research and health care organisations, and with public bodies.
You will be an effective communicator who is adaptive to their audience, with an intrinsic interest in improving the health and well-being of communities through translational research and evidence-based innovation.
- utilise past experience in clinical project management to ensure the project is delivered on time and to budget
- act as the main study focal point, establish and maintain key strategic relationships with the study sponsor, networks of clinicians, researchers and health service managers for effective roll-out of the trial
- lead a team of trial managers, data managers and administrators to ensure GCP and data protection compliance and to manage the responsibilities of commercial trials in compliance with relevant regulations and sponsor requirements
- set-up and manage the trial and actively contribute to the research planning and development in partnership with the Chief Investigator(s), sponsor, clinicians, executive and steering groups and study teams
- be the key liaison with all university departments, relevant ethics and R&D committees, funding bodies, and sponsor monitors
- provide support to local research sites, and develop new initiatives to ensure they are working to the highest standards and to monitor and report on the progress of trials to the Sponsor
- set overall standards for trial management by overseeing and approving the writing and distribution of written procedures
- develop and implement a communications package to engage participants, clinicians, health service managers and scientists in the ongoing trial
- undertake financial planning, management and reporting on project implementation
This post is currently home-working in response to COVID-19. The post holder will also be required to provide a weekend on-call service or fully work on a weekend day on a rota basis during busy periods. Extra hours will be paid as overtime in addition to the stated salary.