I am excited to be recruiting for a Clinical Lead to join an established and growing care service in Southend. Looking for an NMC Registered Nurse, this role will be mainly focused on Assessment beds. You will support the development and delivery of consistently high quality clinical and care services for residents with complex health and social care needs, as well as complying and promoting Clinical Governance to meet best practice and all activities related to it. Working with the management team you will ensure the smooth running of the service and assist the registered manager to meet all relevant regulatory, contract and good practice standards. This role will suit a candidate who has previous experience as a District Nurse and has a broad experience of working in the community. Due to the nature of this role you must be flexible regarding working hours.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting within your own skills and competence in accordance with NMC codes of practice
- Ensuring admissions are appropriate and timely with correct medication, equipment and paperwork
- Liaison with the ‘discharge co-ordinator’ in a timely manner should there be any issues identified on admission e.g. medication not received, special aids or equipment not present, appropriate information not provided
- Undertaking clinical audits including infection control and monthly medication audits and reporting to Registered Manager as appropriate
- Ensuring clinical risk assessments are carried out and completed in a responsive and timely way
- Developing links with local nurse specialists and teams, ensuring that appropriate contact is made with GP surgeries and other professionals that might be involved with the care of a service user
This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
In order to be successful in your application you must be an NMC Registered Nurse with evidence of professional development. You should have experience of managing staff and meeting regulatory requirements. It is expected that you will have knowledge of evidence based practice and audit techniques. Demonstrating experience of care delivery in a care home environment as well as reablement or assessment would be an advantage.
You should have excellent communication, analytical and judgement skills along with the ability to work under pressure, maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships. You are expected to contribute, monitor and implement changes and improvements to services, set audit standards and build effective and credible relationships.
23 days annual leave + bank holidays, Nest Pension scheme, Free comprehensive staff wellbeing programme, Staff reward portal offering discounts at online retailers, pubs and restaurants
Free health checks including diabetes, blood pressure and lung age
Free flu jabs, Free eye test and discounted glasses, Paid training, Paid mileage
If this is the next role for you then please do not hesitate to contact Alex on 01702 455330 for an informal chat or to request the full job description.