A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join a well-established and growing business that offers a unique labour and resource service to their customers in the rail, civil engineering and construction industry.
My client is a £80m turnover business and has been established for over 30 years.
We are now looking for an Operations Manager who will take over someone who has held the role for the last 3 years and look after the Midlands patch.
The purpose of this role is to meet, communication with and service customer base in the Midlands area with a main focus on HS2. You will be responsive for understanding resource needs of the customer, communicating with resourcing team to deliver on this need, ensure the employee is then compliant with security and H&S, inducted and performs to the contract delivery.
Please note - This is not a BDM role, so you are not selling or winning business. This is purely a service focused role. However this could suit an experienced BDM with a focus on service
What’s on offer:
Competitive salary of £50-60,000 depending on experience and relevance
Company car or car allowance available, flexible working, autonomy, competitive holiday package, pension, expenses.
List of duties:
• Responsible for ensuring that all allocated contracts are delivered safely, on time and to budget.
• Inductions: Provide all necessary individual employee paperwork to the inductions and safety teams immediately when employees are recruited.
• Understanding, identifying, and matching skills appropriately with client requirements for shifts
• Communicate with resourcing team to identify and source workers
• Reporting on activity and contract delivery to Operations Director
• Help to grow the civil, rail and building businesses and identify possible new contracts.
• Responsible for the management of employee related issues on assigned individual contracts also liaising with the payroll department in a timely manner
• Provide information verbally or in writing on assigned individual contracts as required by the Operations Director and Managing Directors
• Attend specified management meetings and client Health and Safety meetings/inspections
• Carry out Toolbox Talks & behavioural safety observation tours
• Market the good image of the company to all potential and existing clients.
• Confidentiality of business information always required.
The ideal candidate:
• This role would really suit someone from a construction or industrial recruitment background or someone who has worked at a similar customer or operations management within a blue collar setting
• Either way we need a candidate with blue collar knowledge and ideally experience
• Must be highly professional and present the company in a good light
• Full Driving Licence needed
• Knowledge of the Construction industry CSCS and Health and Safety regime
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent organisation, verbal & written communication, verbal reasoning and time management
• High degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
• Proactive and with initiative
• Capable of searching and finding information, carrying out specific projects & research
Therefore if you are currently looking for an opportunity in a reputable company with positive staff reviews, then please do not hesitate and apply today.