An established and dynamic Northern Irish business are recruiting an additional resource for their expanding accounting and finance team.
This is an excellent opportunity for process focused, and tech savvy individual, who has a background in accounts and payroll. You will be the ‘go-to’ member of staff, working as a lynchpin in organisation in supporting with the setting up and training clients on the practice’s cloud based accounts software. The role will be carried out face-to-face as well as over the phone/video links.
To carry out this role, you will need to an outgoing, approachable accounts professional with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Payroll and Bookkeeping position.
It is not necessary to have any formal professional qualifications for this role – the key requirement is a positive and ‘can do’ attitude.
The position is available on a full time, permanent basis. You will also be able to carry out the role in mid-Ulster office as well as remotely!
The Accounting & Finance Team are a vibrant, supportive, friendly and thoroughly down-to-earth group within this company. Importantly, with a wide range of clients in a multitude of sectors, you will have a varied role where no two days are exactly the same.
About the Role:
- Support with the administration of client Payrolls and Bookkeeping;
- Overseeing the training and running of clients’ on the accounts software;
- Maintain/Update your working knowledge of Sage software to make sure colleagues and third parties are best able to make the most of the package;
- Identify, investigate and resolve issues relating to bookkeeping and payroll processing for clients;
- Taking responsibility for client bookkeeping including preparation of accounts, tax returns and other financial information for clients;
- Occasionally support with self-assessment and partnership tax returns, and assist with the preparation of VAT and PAYE returns;
- Processing daily/weekly/monthly invoices;
- Manage and resolve any queries from clients and colleagues;
- Continually strive to improve processes and the running of client bookkeeping and payroll; and
- Ad hoc administrative duties.
Minimum 2 years previous experience of payroll processing and bookkeeping is a necessary requirement. It is essential that you have a fundamental understanding of Cloud based Accounting Software – ideally Sage or similar packages.
Ideally, you will have gained experience within an accountancy practice/bureau/professional service provider. As a representative of the business, you will be acting on behalf of the employer, maintaining and developing client relationships on a daily basis.
There will be a very quick turnaround between the submission of your CV, organising an interview and receiving an offer.
To learn more
You can get in touch with Tom Reid, Reed’s Accountancy Practice & Payroll Specialist in the Belfast office.
028 9033 0604.