Urgent requirement for experienced Clerical Assistant to join a leading organisation based in Derry/Londonderry.
This is a part-time, temporary position – with a start date of the 18th January 2021.
Working hours: Monday & Tuesday: 08.45 am – 17.00 pm
With an hourly rate of £9.66 p/h
To provide clerical support and to contribute to the administrative support service to
senior officers as and when required.
Experience in a clerical or secretarial capacity within an office working environment to include:
- experience of using computer applications ie: word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email, the internet, and web-based technology.
- experience of assisting in the organisation of meetings including note/minute taking and the collation and distribution of papers experience and understanding of best practice in maintaining confidential files
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To receive and deal with enquiries, telephone calls and correspondence from staff and clients redirecting and relaying information as required.
- To word process a wide range of documents including memos, letters, reports, emails, examination papers, revalidation documents and course handbooks.
- To undertake photocopying and other document or presentation material preparation and arrange printing as required.
- To provide clerical support for activities including the maintenance of notice boards, registers, recording of international attendance, receipting coursework and studies advisor lists.
- To establish and maintain appropriate administrative, manual, and computerised filing systems (including confidential files) to support the relevant activities.
- To maintain records of work, issues pending and work in progress, and to prioritise work to meet both internal and external deadlines.
- To assist with the arrangements for meetings, workshops, and special functions to involve room bookings, hospitality as necessary.
- To provide clerical support to designated Committees/Boards in a note taking or minute capacity.
- To assist in arranging travel and accommodation arrangements as required.
- To assist with clerical tasks including the processing of requisitions, financial claims, ordering of stationery etc.
- To undertake appropriate staff development to ensure knowledge and experience is developed and updated to meet the requirements of the role.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
If interested and meet the essential criteria, please send updated CV via the link below to Charlotte Murphy – REED Belfast 02890330812