REED are excited to introduce a new vacancy for experienced Claims Handlers looking to join an established Claims department in either their Commercial Motor or Home/Property divisions within a leading insurer based in Glasgow City Cente. .
The working hours being rotational shifts between 8:00am - 6:00pm
- In this role, you will be handling a range of both domestic and commercial claims (cradle to grave).
- Your main priority is handling inbound calls from policyholders, solicitors, other loss adjusters and insurance companies.
- This would include claim updates, arrange the appropriate vendors for cleaning and restoration, chasing payments and settling of the claim.
- Resolving customer queries, working closely with external firms, brokers + loss adjusters
- You should come from a property or motor claims background and have good understanding of claims procedure.
- It is essential that you can demonstrate great negotiating, remain calm and professional during difficult calls and multi-tasking skills.
- Finalising claims within authority limits, ensuring prompt & reasonable settlement
Recent experience in a similar role is essential (those with a recent insurance background would also be considered.
This vacancy offers excellent grounding within a well known & established insurer to further your insurance career with opportunities for progression and CII Exam support being available - please apply or get in touch with Heather Yardley at REED Insurance for more information.