Our client, The Open University is a public distance learning and Research University, and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education.
The staff are committed to putting their students first and to supporting them to realise their potential. Study with the OU is more than just education – it is life changing learning, do you want to be part of this team?
The OU is looking to recruit an experienced Citizenship & Governance Research Manager. The successful candidate will be available 29th August until 28th Nov 2017and able to work full-time.
Overall job purpose
To support the Director and Management Board in running the operational side of the Strategic Research Area, to complete the necessary reporting requirements and to manage the SRA budget.
To support the SRA’s income generation activity by scanning funding opportunities and assisting academics in developing and maintaining collaborative projects with other faculties and units, universities, funders and various industry sectors primarily for research, scholarship and consultancy purposes.
To provide first class account management for research, scholarship and consultancy funding activity, including applications and pre and post-award coordination.
1. Previous administrative or management experience in a large, complex, customer-focused organisation.
2. Proactive service driven approach, with the ability to manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
3. Proven experience in managing multiple projects and stakeholders successfully.
4. Previous budgetary experience including forecasting and reporting.
5. Experience of report/proposal writing or preparing committee papers.
Experience of exploring/identifying opportunities for exploiting resources or ideas, and developing business cases.
If interested and interested in reading the full job spec, please phone Sophie Holmes on 01908 660057 to discuss the role.