Reed Social Care are currently recruiting for a Fostering Social worker, who will be based in Sheffield.
The social worker will have a good knowledge of current fostering legislation and regulations and must be able to demonstrate excellent assessment and report writing skills. Applicants should ideally have experience in completing fostering assessments and be able to meet tight timescales.
The role will be full time and the applicant should be able to work both in an office environment and at home.
Duties will include but are not exhaustive of the following:
- To undertake and complete Prospective Foster Carer assessments in the timescale set out in the Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010
- To visit personal referees as identified on application form for prospective foster carer/s.
- To ensure that all checks and references are undertaken and completed.
- To liaise with the Fostering Admin Team concerning the progress of administrative checks
- To liaise with the child's social worker and attend relevant meetings and court hearings.
- To provide the connected carer with support and guidance
- To be available for supervision, consultation or liaison as required.
- To be available to present completed Prospective Foster Carer Assessment Report to Sheffield City Council's fostering panel and provide support to the applicants through this process.
- To be aware of SCC's safeguarding procedures and immediately report any safeguarding concerns to the local authority.
- Have a Qualification in Social Work to degree level or equivalent
- Registered with Social Work England
- £250 referral bonus - if you aren't interested, maybe you know someone who is?