About Coventry Council
In Coventry, we are working hard to build something special. Children and families are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe they deserve the best outcomes.
Children’s Services provides a wide range of statutory and non-statutory duties, from Early Help Services, through to children who are looked after. The service reflects and responds to the changing needs of children and their families. It works to enable a reflective and flexible approach, with a strong Early Help offer and a real focus on Relationship Based Practice and Signs of Safety, which focuses on intervention and keeping families together. Children’s Services is proud of its achievements to date and is continuing to ensure children and families remain at the heart of all it does.
About the role
We are seeking dedicated children's social workers with at least 2 years' post qualified experience to join one of our Area Help and Protection teams, the teams cover one of the four areas of the city; Central, East, West and South. As part of the Area team, you will undertake relationship based social work, using a signs of safety approach and works with families under child in need, child protection, including PLO and initial court work as well as children looked who have a return home plan.
Area Teams work closely with the Early Help Family Hubs, which ensures families have the right help and the right time.
Our Area Teams work well together, and with other teams across the city, this enables the work and caseloads to remain manageable. Our Max caseloads per Social worker is around 17.
Why Join us
We will provide you with an environment where social work can flourish, with high support, high investment and manageable caseloads. Children’s Services is proud of its workforce, who are committed, dedicated, and work to a high standard. Below are just some of the benefits of working at Coventry Council:
- Annual Employer Pension contribution of £5,000 - £7,000
- Family-friendly working environment and a commitment to good work/life balance
- Excellent management support and low caseloads
- Regular Reflective Individual and Group Supervision support
- Social Work Academy and extensive Training Programme and investment in your professional development
- Dedicated Coaching and Mentoring offer
- A clear career and progression structure
- Bi-annual career development opportunities to progress to Senior Practitioner positions
- Social Work England re-registration fees refund
- Support with the National Assessment and Approved Children and Families Accreditation
What to do now
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now and we will be in touch with next steps. If you have any queries regarding this opportunity, please call Jessica Zhang on 0207 632 5765.