Social Worker – Fostering Assessment Team – South East London
Reed are currently recruiting experienced Children’s Social Workers for a client in South East London. You must have previous experience within the same team or similar.
YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED YOUR ASYE TO BE CONSIDERED IF YOU QUALIFIED POST 2012!
You must be Social Work England registered and have a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the assessment of mainstream, emergency foster carers and supported lodgings providers. This will involve carrying out full assessments of an applicant’s suitability to foster.
Through the recruitment and assessment of foster carers and supported lodgings providers, the successful candidate will play an important role in meeting the department’s objectives; achieving greater placement choice and a higher proportion of children being cared for by Lewisham’s approved foster carers or moving onto independence.
The successful candidate will
· understand the needs of looked after children, have a passion for family placements for children in care.
· Have a thorough knowledge of safeguarding, fostering services and related agendas, practice and policies, as well as thorough knowledge of all associated legislation.
· have experience of working directly with children, young people, families and carers.
· have knowledge of the assessment process and be able to evidence effective assessment and report writing skills.
· Evidence ability to provide quality and timely assessments of mainstream, emergency foster carers and supported lodgings providers.
· Have the ability to remain organised, formulate and maintain accurate plans, reports and records and the ability to meet deadlines is essential.
Benefits of this Qualified Social Work role includes:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Strong management and supervision
• Long contracts available
• Low staff turnover
You will need to have:
• Social Work England Registration
• Post Qualified experience as a Social Worker
• Eligibility to work in the UK
•Dedicated expert consultant
•Online timesheets & pay management
•Automatic invoicing (Ltd Co)
•Regular progress reports and face-to-face service reviews
•Office hours 8am-6pm to provide support/advice
•Recommend-a-Friend bonus for referrals
•Substantial Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Fund to put towards training or other development
•Reed Rewards and Holiday pay (PAYE only)
• Personalised CV service
Interviews are taking place immediately so please apply now to avoid disappointment! Alternatively, for more information or if you are a Qualified Social Worker looking for a role within a different team please contact email@example.com
Refer a friend and be rewarded with a £250 bonus!