Job Role: Children and Young Adult Day Shift Support Worker
Location: Royston (Hertfordshire)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £8.75ph to £9.70ph (£17,745- £19,670) (linked to competency and qualifications)
Hours: 4 week rota pattern of 14 shifts – Ave 39hrs per week.
I am currently working with an innovative company who provide education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties resulting in complex learning needs.
Set within 14 acres, their site provides extensive space for learning, developing and living in an environment where they have a range of incredible facilities that include:
- Music and Art Rooms
- Rebound Therapy
- Hard and soft outdoor space
- Forestry School
- Adapted Kitchens
- Enterprise Schemes
- Sensory Rooms
- Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning, washing/personal care.
- Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy.
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young adults are free to grow and develop
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable
- Helping develop their learning and social skills wherever possible
Please note that the role may require participation in physical intervention and personal care routines.
- No experience necessary- Full training and Induction to be provided!
Ultimately, the company are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the children and young adults that we they with. So whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial; it’s not essential. What’s more important is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a difference.
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
- Exceptional communication skills and patience
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature
- Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults or children’s needs
- Ability to work on a rota pattern- please note that this will typically mean working every other weekend
What’s on Offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Residential Child Care or Health and Social Care which will be funded by us!
- Part time hours available if required
- Accommodation if required (subject to availability)
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
If you would be interested to hear more and discuss your availability for interview, please forward us your most up to date CV by emailing: email@example.com If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Marie on 0208 884 9802
Please note: Interviews will be conducted over skype due to current climate and offers will be officially sent over within 24-48 hours should you be successful!