Nottinghamshire County Council are recruiting for a Social Worker to join their District Child Protection Team in Ashfield.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced qualified Social Worker to take the next step in their professional career with a well established local authority. The role will involve joining a busy, fast paced team whose paramount objective is always a child's wellbeing and safety.
The role will involve -
- Managing a complex child protection caseload, including managing the risk on a caseload of children and families through assessments and meetings
- Completing initial assessments, core assessments and section 47's where necessary
- Court work including writing reports, statements and being an expert witness
- Child protection case conferences
- Managing your time and caseload with accurate timekeeping and information recording
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SWE Registered
- Must have post-qualifying experience in a statutory children's social care team
- Safeguarding knowledge
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for Reed:
Here at Reed we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the Reed Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
Our company values are:
· We are fair, open and honest
· We take ownership
· We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct must be impeccable.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.