|Location: EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIAN||Salary: 28000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3085739|
Candidates should be able to provide evidence of experience in a Learning Disability background - specifically Community Support.
1) You will take the lead in ensuring our vision of delivering individual and personalised services becomes
reality both in principle and in practice. This will encompass the planning, design, development and
facilitative management of new and existing services whilst working collaboratively with key
2) You will lead, manage, support and work alongside Team Facilitators to monitor the quality of individual
service designs, robust support strategies, specifically chosen and matched support teams and
individual budgets. This will include audit and Quality Assurance activity.
3) You will work with your teams to develop a co-production approach ensuring we maintain good lines of
communication and positive working relationships with all families and professionals involved in
supporting the individual. Central to a co-productive approach will be to ensure that all decisions are
made with or as close to the person as possible with and by those who know the person well.
4) You will ensure the principles and practice of Inclusion underpin the work of the area as a whole. You
will ensure Team Facilitators and support teams understand and are clear on the importance of their
community connecting role from the point of recruitment. This will include ensuring that people we
employ are focussed and motivated to maximise opportunities for natural networks to grow and real
connections within communities to be made. You will ensure teams understand the importance of safely
decreasing paid support from people’s lives wherever practicable and the positive impact this can have.
5) To take the lead on the overall management of Individual Service Funds on behalf of supported people
and their families who choose this option. In collaboration with our central support services, you will
ensure that the financial administration and monitoring systems are operated effectively and efficiently.
6) You will ensure the appropriate support system is in place locally for those people who require a
corporate appointee service.
7) You will protect and promote the dignity and rights of people with learning disabilities within our
organisation and the wider society. You will maximise opportunities to promote and facilitate positive
public attitudes towards people with learning disabilities at all times
You will model a leadership approach based on creativity, pragmatic optimism, persistence and based on emphasising and developing assets rather than managing deficits.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Significant experience of leading and managing Children’s Living Services, and working closely with family members.
• Experience of managing teams with knowledge of culture change.
• A commitment to the inclusion of people with a learning disability.
• An in-depth understanding of the Self Directed Support Act and its principles.
• SVQ level 4 or the ability to work towards the relevant qualification required for your SSSC registration.
• A clear understanding of the need to build and sustain partnerships with stakeholders, commissioners and other third sector providers.
• The ability to lead our business strategy at a local level whilst promoting our Service with an emphasis on growing our business.
• Full driving licence with access to your own vehicle for business use.
30.00 - 35.00 GBP Per Hour
GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRERead more
40 - 42 GBP Per Hour
WALTHAM FOREST, LONDONRead more
32294.00 - 37839.00 GBP Per Annum
COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
20400 - 22000 GBP Per Annum
SKELMERSDALE, LANCASHIRERead more
30 - 30 GBP Per Hour
LEWISHAM, LONDONRead more