Due to continued growth and success at Reed Education we have an exciting opportunity for a Residential Child Care Worker to join our talent pool of Support Workers.
Your main responsibility is ensuring that the young people are cared for in every element of their lives.
We are looking for Child Support Workers who are passionate about making a difference. You have the opportunity to make a positive difference to the children and young people by providing care and support to enable children and young people to reach their full potential.
Other duties include safeguarding and promoting the rights of children and young people in care, teaching coping skills, building confidence, accompanying them to and from school or college, facilitating family contact, creating a warm and comforting environment, shopping, cooking, cleaning and encouraging participation in local activities and hobbies.
The children and young people often have experienced trauma and early years attachment difficulties and or may have serious physical and mental disabilities and or learning disorders. We offer them understanding, through meaningful relationships aimed at keeping them safe and able to enjoy the world around them. We desire excellent listening skills to fully understand their views, wishes and feelings.
The role can be extremely challenging at times and requires patience, resilience, self-motivation and determination. Although the role can be challenging, the personal rewards are immense.
Essential Qualities that we look for include:
• A nurturing and caring nature
• An engaging personality, allowing you to form non-judgemental relationships
• A consistent and professional manner
• An active and supportive listener
• Deeply empathetic to every situation
• A creative ability towards having fun and learning new skills
• Highly responsible and accountable when it comes to safeguarding our children and young people
• A resilient approach to the role
• A willingness to learn and develop your skills and abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient IT skills and experienced in using Microsoft packages
• A full UK driver's licence
Desirable Qualities include:
• One years' experience in child care or youth settings
• An SCQF Level 7 or Level 3 Diploma / relevant to Children and Young People's Residential workforce, or working towards
• An interest in pursuing relevant Child Care qualifications
• Familiar with the Codes of Practice set out by regulatory bodies, i.e. SSSC
• An existing PVG / DBS certificate
Hours of Work
We provide residential care 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and 365 days per year, all our residential child care employees work to a shift pattern, which is likely to include spending time either sleeping in our residential child care homes and or providing waking night care.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please contact Emma Knight on Emma.Knight@reed.com or call on 01524 843347
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to references, Full Enhanced Children and Adult DBS and List 99 check before starting work.