Are you looking for a new opportunity which is both challenging and rewarding? Do you want to be the reason a child smiles? Do you want to work for a knowledgeable company with years of experience in the sector to support you through your career?
If so, I would LOVE to hear from you!
My Client are recruiting Residential Support Workers for a number of their homes across Merseyside and Cheshire. Reporting to the Home Manager you will contribute to the young persons care plans, their review and implementation and form effective relationships with residents and their families.
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to ensuring:
- A caring environment is maintained.
- Emotional and physical needs are met
- “Safe care” standards are met.
- Opportunities for children to develop and make progress are maximised.
- Children’s views and wishes are sought and acted upon where appropriate.
- A positive environment for each resident with particular regard to their safety, health and education.
- Support and development of relationships with colleagues in the Children’s homes and other agencies.
- Undertaking a “key worker” role with young people as required.
It is essential you have/are:
- Ability to be able to manage conflict/challenging behaviour
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Ability to maintain sound professional judgement when working under pressure
- Able to work, weekdays, evening, weekends and sleep-ins as required
- A car driver with your own car, business insurance and willing to use for the young people
- Prepared to attend regular training
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at all levels.
- Ability to be professional at all times
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to form effective relationships with children and act as a positive role model
Desirable attributes include:
- A minimum of 12 month’s experience of child care work in a relevant setting
- Good standard of education achieved.
- Knowledge of child care law.
- Knowledge of child care protection issues.
- Knowledge of Social Care Inspection Framework (SCCIF)
- Knowledge of Quality standards and Children’s homes Regulations
In return you will receive a competitive salary and package depending on experience.
If this sound like the opporutnity you've been looking for, click APPLY now or email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org