We are currently looking for a number of Support Workers/Residential Workers to join our team at our specialist children’s home and school, located in the outskirts of Cambridgeshire.
We provide education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people age 9-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
Duties will include:
- Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning, washing/personal care.
- Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy.
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young adults are free to grow and develop
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable
- Helping develop their learning and social skills wherever possible
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the children and young adults that we work with. So whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial; it’s not essential. What’s more important to us is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a difference.
What’s on offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Residential Child Care or Health and Social Care which will be funded by us!
- Part time hours available if required
- Accommodation if required (subject to availability)
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
- Exceptional communication skills and patience
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature
- Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults or children’s needs
- Ability to work on a rota pattern- please note that this will typically mean working every other weekend
Day and Night vacancies available!
If this role sounds like it could be for you, please click 'Apply Now' and I will be in contact with you to discuss your application!