NVQ Level 3 Children’s Residential Practitioner
If you are a compassionate, motivated and engaging individual with a desire to support children and young people of all ages and backgrounds – then we need you!
• Location: Leeds
• Job Type: Flexible
• Hours: Flexible
• Salary: Competitive rates
You would be working directly alongside experienced social workers in order to ensure that the children and young people are respectfully provided with care tailored to their individual need. This is an incredibly rewarding career pathway – and your personal and professional development is very important to us.
What we are looking for:
- A patient and caring individual who holds a genuine desire to support children and young people
- Someone who holds a relevant NVQ Level 3.
Your main duties would be:
• Building a positive and constructive relationship with the children and young people you work with in order to help them overcome any difficulties and disadvantages they may face and allow them to strengthen their future.
• Maintaining an understanding that you will meet a variety of children and young people, some of whom may require higher levels of supervision and support – and having the emotional and physical resilience to manage this
• Helping the children and young people access education, training and employment where needed and acting as a positive role model
• Assessing the needs of the child to ensure the welfare and care of each child, whilst offering guidance and support to other residential workers.
• Supervise staff, lead shifts, ensure placement plans are followed as well as policies, procedures, risk assessments and rotas.
• Understanding that in order to provide consistency for the children, the rota pattern does include some evenings and weekends. This is flexible to provide a work/life balance, as well as the opportunity for training/progression.
Benefits of working with Reed:
• We provide you with the resources to develop and progress with your training through the Substantial Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Fund.
• You will be able to contact a dedicated expert consultant to support and advise you every step of the way, with office hours of 8am-6pm
• We will ensure a smooth and efficient registration process for you
• You will have access to online timesheets and pay management, use of 3 different available payment methods: Umbrella, PAYE & Ltd Co.
• We will ensure you work in a positive and supportive environment that allows you to develop personally and professionally
We also offer a referral/recommendation bonus!
This role offers certain flexibilities that would be ideal for people with other commitments, such as studying or childcare. Bear in mind that you will be working on a rota basis, which may include early starts, late finishes and some weekends.
What we will need from you:
• An up-to-date DBS check – we offer assistance with this.
• References detailing work and (where needed) education history.
If you think this role could be for you, please contact Sophie Mahmood.
Telephone: 0113 3942940
We look forward to hearing from you!