Job Title: Childcare Tutor and Assessor
Position: Part Time, Permanent
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £23,545 - £25,428 (FTE)
REED Further Education are working with a work base learning provider in West Yorkshire who starting in August are looking to appoint a Childcare Tutor and Assessor to deliver childcare and health and social care (up to & including level 3), some who will have additional learning and/or social needs, and Apprenticeships to young people and staff through our internal Apprenticeship Academy.
- You will design training programmes across all levels of qualification for a wide range of learners including 16-19 year olds, Apprentices - young people.
- Will require you to deliver high quality Childcare/Health and Social Care qualifications on all learning programmes that enables young people to achieve and progress into a positive destination including an Apprenticeship, Further Education or sustainable employment.
- To ensure the highest possible standard of delivery through the maintenance and monitoring of individual learning programmes.
- To meet the highest possible standard of delivery required following OFSTED guidelines through the development, maintenance and monitoring of tailored training programmes.
- Undertake assessments to identify young people's needs, levels and record progress of achievement.
- Offer relevant and appropriate childcare learning to young people with a range of learning needs, increasing their employability chances.
- Offer appropriate support and learning to enable learners to succeed in a vocational setting, achieve their learning aim and progress positively in their chosen career.
What you will need:
- A relevant assessor and or delivery/ teaching qualification (E)
- A relevant sector qualification (D)
- GCSE Maths & English or Equivalent (E)
- Recent experience of teaching & assessing (E)
- Experience of working with young people who exhibit challenging behaviour (D)
- IAG Qualification or experience (D)
- Previous experience of employer and learner engagement (D)
- Driving License and access to your own vehicle (E)
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Did you know?
- Reed Further Education offer market leading pay rates; along with additional holiday pay.
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please give us a call on 0161 817 2682
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.