South East London
Locum Contract (Extendable)
£30 - £40 per hour
A highly respected and well-regarded local authority is currently recruiting for a locum Childcare Solicitor to join the Legal Services team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a comprehensive legal service for child protection to the Local Authority across its jurisdiction. Your duties will include the following:
• Provide advice, representation and undertake research relating to childcare matters, including; public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering.
• Carry a caseload of matters in proceedings and pre-proceedings
• Undertake advocacy in the relevant courts and tribunals to include, CMC’s, IRH’s, PLO’s and Direction Hearings
• Attend meetings with expert witnesses
• Prepare briefs to Counsel for more complex hearings
• Attend legal planning meetings when required
The post-holder will prepare complex cases and should have experience conducting advocacy before the court.
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified solicitor or barrister with permission to practice in England and Wales. You will have extensive knowledge of Child Protection and Child Law in England encompassing social services, and a strong understanding of the law relating to Local Government procedures and processes. Ideally candidates will have previous Public Sector experience.
|Location: TAUNTON, SOMERSET||Salary: 16.88 - 40.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Legal||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3040881|
15.00 - 18.76 GBP Per Hour
LEWISHAM, LONDONRead more
29.00 - 32.16 GBP Per Hour
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
22.00 - 26.00 GBP Per Hour
GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRERead more
35000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
DUDLEY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more