This is an exciting opportunity to join a global charity organisation as the Chief Operating Officer, based in Denton and really make a difference. You will lead on the operations and oversee HR, Advocacy, Marketing, IT, Income Generation (Donor Care and Fundraising) and Governance and take overall responsibility for managing the head office.
You will be in charge of supporting the strategic direction of the business and work closely with the CEO, board and executive team to develop and implement the charity’s strategy and annual plan.
As part of the implementation of the annual plan you will provide support on resourcing issues, including operations, ICT, income generation, property management and HR.
Other responsibilities include;
- Developing the teams annual work plan and monitoring progress against targets throughout the year
- Ensure that the Board of Trustees is provided with all the necessary management information including data, financial and compliance reports
- Ensure that charity complies with its legal obligations as a charity, including obligations relating to any regulatory frameworks
- Oversee data monitoring and management of key outputs
- Direct line management of the HR, ICT and other functions and oversee policies and compliance with HR, employment, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection regulations
- Motivating and facilitating teamwork and good practice in order to achieve excellent standards of service delivery
The ideal applicant will be a strategic thinker and planner, with strong commercial acumen, an eye for detail, and the ability to understand what it takes to turn vision into action.
You will be passionate about the humanitarian sector and will demonstrate a genuine commitment to the organisation’s growth and success.
- Solid experience within a Senior Operations Manager role (ideally Third Sector experience)
- Strong knowledge of charity regulations and able to interpret complex legislation regulations etc.
- Previous experience of managing procurement, contracts for services, health and safety
- Good working knowledge and experience of employment law and best practice
- Ability to develop and implement business strategies and budget management, reporting on ROI
- Act as an advocate and represent the organisation’s work and values
- Arabic speaking is crucial for this particular role (most desirable regions include Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Jordan etc.)
The Package includes generous basic salary (depending on experience) plus genuine career progression avenues. Holiday entitlement is 28 days including bank holidays. There is potential for international travel.
Please note, that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks which may include, but are not limited to, employment references, ongoing right to work verification, Accuity background checks and where appropriate criminal record checks (DBS). The postholder must be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all stakeholders