We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational Teacher of Science – to join our School. We require a gifted/talented teacher who can convey their passion for their subject to the school and its wider community.
We are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with a long-standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn. We are the best performing boys’ grammar school in Medway.
After the school’s 'Good' Ofsted judgement in April 2018, our school has continued to make rapid progress towards becoming one of the most successful grammar schools in the Southeast.
What you will get from our School:
• Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust.
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Access to the New Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of our school
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
• Free parking onsite
• Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Manor
• Easy access to M2, M20 and M25
What you will need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner possessing a depth of subject knowledge and able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students. He or she will be fully acquainted with the demands and requirements of the new KS4 and KS5 curriculum. Very importantly, our new colleague will wish to become part of the team that leads our School from Good to Outstanding and will be willing to do all that it takes to get us there.
As part of an Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; We believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve