|Location: LINGFIELD, SURREY||Salary: 20000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Hospitality & Leisure||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 9 months ago||Reference: 3127741|
1. To check each morning, the day’s menu and to liaise with the Junior Sous Chef or in their absence the Sous Chef or Head Chef to list the day’s work required to be done for the day.
2. To supervise and assist with the food preparation and mis-en-place required for the breakfast, lunch and dinner services.
3. To supervise breakfast shift as and when required to ensure that high standards of food preparation and presentation are met, and to provide excellent customer service.
4. Ensure that the portion sizes and menu specifications are adhered to and that all food is ready at the agreed times and prepared to highest standard.
5. To maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times in all parts of the kitchen and all machinery and equipment that is used.
6. To assist in the ordering of food service materials and equipment to cope with the anticipated business.
7. Ensure wastage is kept to an absolute minimum to reduce the cost and increase profitability.
8. To undertake any duties as directed, from time to time, by Junior Sous Chef or Sous Chef
9. To deputise from time to time for the Junior Sous Chef.
10. To check each morning the days menu, and do the work assigned by the Junior Sous Chef, or in their absence the Sous Chef or Head Chef.
11. To have full knowledge of, and be able to act on the fire precautions as laid down in the hotel’s fire plan in accordance with The Fire Precautions Act 1971.
12. To report any damaged or defective machinery to your Head of Department.
13. To be fully conversant with and to implement Hygiene Standards in line with current company policy, which is in accordance with current legislation.
14. To have full knowledge of, and be able to act upon The Health and Safety At Work Act 1974, COSHH Regulations and HACCP.
15. To exercise care, attention and vigilance towards guests, work colleagues and Hotel property.
16. To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
• Standards and procedures of correct working practices
• The completion of risk assessments
• COSHH regulations
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment
17. To control wastage and operate according to the Companies environment policy with regard to:
• product control and waste minimisation
• proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
• using towels in appropriate quantity to minimise unnecessary laundering
• proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
• minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
18. To be an ambassador for the client taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the Resort in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
19. Any other tasks as requested by Senior Resort and Group Personnel.
• GCSE or equivalent
• L2 Food Safety in Catering
• Minimum of 1 year experience working at this level
• Branded hotel background an advantage
• Negotiation and influencing skills
• Attention to detail
• Self motivated
• Works well under pressure
• Excellent communicator
• Organised, systematic and process driven
• Customer service focused (internal and external).
Hours of Work:
• 48 per seven day week
• Flexibility toward week-end and evening working is a pre-requisite of this employment.
20000 - 22000 GBP Per Annum
BLAKENEY, NORFOLKRead more
18000.00 - 20000.00 GBP Per Annum
GREAT MISSENDEN, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 22500.00 GBP Per Annum
STOKE POGES, BERKSHIRERead more
9.00 - 10.00 GBP Per Hour
WINCHCOMBE, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum
SUTTON, SURREYRead more