|Location: LUTON, BEDFORDSHIRE||Salary: 15000.00 - 15000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Hospitality & Leisure||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3048043|
Are you an experienced Chef?
Do you have relevant experience working within a school/college?
Are you immediately available?
If so please read on...
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Chef in Charge to join a College based in the Luton area.
The position is to undertake the day-to-day supervision of the catering team in the kitchen service and to ensure that the best possible catering service is provided for staff, students and visitors to the College.
There is a team of 15 staff who work well together to meet tight deadlines and to provide an effective daily catering service for about 700 students and staff during term time. The Head of Catering is supported by a Chef in Charge (who oversees the kitchen) and by a Team Leader (who oversees the Westside Restaurant). Catering facilities include a purpose-built kitchen and restaurant/café with modern equipment.
• Under the direction of the Head of Catering, to be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen including the supervision and direction of the catering team in compliance with Health & Safety & Environmental Health regulations.
• To prepare and cook food and ensure that all food is produced to the highest standard, adjusting recipes to quantities required.
• To maintain Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) records.
• To assist in all kitchen cleaning, including in-depth cleaning.
• To use all kitchen equipment in compliance with appropriate safety rules.
• To ensure that the standards laid down by the Head of Catering are strictly adhered to.
• To liaise with the Head of Catering on any problems, queries or other matters that may arise in the day-to-day running of the kitchen.
• To work in accordance with the regulations covering food and hygiene and health and safety and the preparation of halal food.
• To undertake training as necessary to develop kitchen organisational skills.
• To undertake any other duties of a similar nature and responsibility as may be required by the Head of Catering, Vice Principal Finance & Resources or the Principal.
• To be available to work extra hours on occasions, for example to cover absence through sickness, or cater for special functions
The college support staff spine, point 28, £15,553.50 (£22,267 full time equivalent). This is a fixed term post to 31/3/2017
Start time at 7.00 am to 2.30pm, 5 days a week (30 hours per week) for 39 weeks per year.
• Qualified by relevant experience.
• City & Guilds NVQ1+2 in Preparation and Cooking and Basic Food Hygiene Certificates essential
Skills/Experience and Knowledge:
• Health and Safety issues, including Manual Handling and COSHH
• Experience of catering for 500-700 people including buffets and functions.
• Experience of the post-16 age group.
• A demonstrable record of success in previous roles.
• Experience of working in FE, especially in a sixth form college
• A good standard of literacy and numeracy.
If you are interested in the above and fit the criteria then please send over your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call the branch directly on 020 89026111.
Look forward to hearing from you!
9 - 12 GBP Per Hour
GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRERead more
8 - 11 GBP Per Hour
KILMARNOCK, AYRSHIRERead more
10 - 10 GBP Per Hour
WISHAW, LANARKSHIRERead more
17000.00 - 18000.00 GBP Per Annum
LITTLE COMPTON, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
24000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
SWINDON, WILTSHIRERead more