REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing company with a global client base.
To maintain stocks of raw materials and prepare charges for VIM furnaces in accordance with the required standards of QA control and customer expectations. To assist in the reclamation of in house revert for receipt into the Alloy Stores.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Following QA procedures and generating/maintaining prime records.
• Understanding the implications of quality hazards, thus maintaining a high standard of cleanliness/orderliness.
• Receiving inward goods against delivery documentation.
• Accurately identifying and orderly storing of charge materials.
• Accurately weighing and re-identification of furnace charges.
• Participation in self audit and improvement activities to ensure the Alloy Stores remains a world class raw materials storage facility.
• Assisting in the recovery of VIM ready materials from established revert streams.
• High degree of accuracy and standards of housekeeping.
• A willingness to learn additional duties in VIM/Remelt and participate in improvement activities.
• Good level of numeracy and literacy.
• Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods.
The following are preferred but not essential as training will be provided:
• Computer literacy.
• Remote/pendant crane licence holder to CITB/AITT or equivalent would be advantageous
• Counterbalance forktruck licence holder to CITB/AITT or equivalent would be advantage
• Experience of a ‘Stores’ environment particularly within metals manufacture.
DAYS ONLY ROLE