My clients is currently looking for 2 x part time catering assistant to join their busy team.
The purpose of the role is to undertake a core range of duties required within catering services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Ideally you will hold or be prepared to acquire Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
Ideally you will have a basic knowledge of Health & Safety policies/procedures, COSHH, Manual Handling
You should be able to be able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
You should have have good communication skills
· It would be desirable to have previous experience of working in a catering or retail environment
· To be customer/patient focused.
· To be numerate and literate
· To be physically fit
· Proud about appearance, presents professional image
· Be confident in using lifts in the tower block on own
Duties to include:
· To provide all customers s with an efficient and timely food and beverage service in a polite and courteous manner in order to achieve high standard of service customers would expect
· To wash up cutlery, crockery, utensils, equipment and containers, ensuring a clean and safe food and beverage service is available at all times
· To undertake general cleaning duties within catering department and associated areas, following safe systems of work and achieving agreed standards
· To follow departmental instructions for safe working practices within the department and ward service points and to advise management of faults or hazards with equipment or in working practices so action can be taken
· To be responsible for other catering services
· Preparation for service, portioning and presentation of meals, checking for Special Diets and liaising with nursing staff to ensure high standards are achieved consistently.
· To assist in the setting up and clearing down of central plating area
· The dishing up of patients meals, ensuring the portioning and presentation are in line with departmental standards, i.e. meals for special diets are correct according to menu cards or instructions from dieticians
· Collect menu cards
· To co-operate with other members of staff to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the department
· To assist in the dispatch and delivery of meals for customers
· To be responsible for the collection and disposal of waste from one’s own specific work area
· To report to a supervisor any accident/incident immediately it occurs
· To maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance
· To observe the correct use and care of equipment, reporting any issues.
This role is being offered on the below shifts patterns:
Week 1 - Tues 12:00-15:30, Wed 12:00 -20:00, Thurs 12:00- 20:00, Fri - 16:45 - 20:00
Week 2 - Mon 12:00 - 20:00, Tues 12:00- 20:00, Sat & Sun 16:45- 20:00
Week 1 - Mon -4:45 - 20:00, Fri, Sat & Sun - 12:00 - 20:00
Week 2 - Tues - 11:45- 19:30, Wed & Thurs 12:00 - 20:00, Fri 15:30 - 20:00.