Procurement Category Manager (IT / Telecoms / Networks)
Bristol, FTC until 2022
Home based (company Head office is in Bristol)
We have an exciting opportunity in our Procurement Team for a Procurement Category Manager, focusing on IT Services, although you will be involved in wider spend categories as needed. You will be managing and implementing the Procurement strategy to the agreed scope, using the Category Management Process generating increased efficiency, compliance with FCA/PRA requirements, reduced cost and adherence to best practise.
Your Key Accountabilities will be to:
Build business needs analysis/understanding and constantly explore alternative solutions
• Work with internal stakeholders to gather, assess and challenge business requirements
• Coordinate delivery of the process/initiative, leading to establishment of best in class, policy, process, or service
Lead delivery of the end-to-end execution of the Procurement process
• Build the Category Strategy when it is not supported by a Global Category Manager and deliver this solution
• Implement local cost optimisation plan
• Challenge stakeholders in a manner appropriate to preserve relationships while achieving the right overall commercial result
• Manage delivery of Procurement process, policy and procedures (e.g. RFP, RFI, etc)
Manage Supplier Relationships
• Negotiate and implement contracts for IT/ Digital Categories and ensure their compliance to the agreed service, performance, quality and delivery levels.
• Monitor local suppliers, assess and improve their performance including delivery against agreed contractual measures and Corporate Responsibility requirements
• Proactively manage commercial and contractual risk with third party suppliers
Manage Expense & Procurement Performance
• Understand in detail the budget approach (by type of expenses, contract, supplier) with Finance and Business Budget Owner to ensure a clear understanding of budget definition, utilization, optimisation and compliance
• Contribute to Procurement savings and KPI objectives
• Utilise Procurement tools (including IS/IT) and best practice to increase efficiency and the quality of delivery
• Educated up to A level (Degree preferable).
• CIPS Professional Procurement qualification.
• 3-5 years Procurement experience.
What We Offer
When you join us, you’ll find an open and supportive environment, where everyone is encouraged to be true to themselves. We listen to one another and keep our minds open, so that we can challenge our perspective and grow our understanding. We’re always ready improve our work environment , and we stand up for what we believe in, because we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers everywhere.
Here is also a small selection of our current benefits:
• Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
• Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
• 28 days holiday increasing with service plus bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan scheme
• Share Plan Scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme