This is an exciting opportunity for an experience public sector category manager to join a complex, secure organisation on an interim basis for 6 months.
Role Description and Overall purpose:
- Provision of commercial advice to stakeholders on all aspects of commercial
- The development of category strategies and delivery of sourcing requirement within Commercial Services, as part of the team supporting business as usual and project activities.
- Develop stakeholder relationships, enabling early engagement and challenging demand and need.
- Support the development of specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategy and market trends.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant contracts.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the team
- To work within a secure environment upon sensitive projects as required.
Knowledge & Experience
- A successful career in procurement with 5 + years category management experience within the ICT / software category
- A comprehensive understanding EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations.
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards.
- Demonstrable ability of using MI from systems to inform decision making and deliver optimum commercial solutions.
- Experience of working at senior levels with internal and external stakeholders.
Vetting Level: Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) candidates must be eligible and willing to undergo vetting if successful