A fast growing business based in Taunton is currently recruiting for a Category Manager to join a team of 10. This is a company that puts real focus on personal and professional development. You will be part of a friendly, relaxed and tight team and lovely working environment. This is a flexible role, with 1-2 day/week working from home, flexible hours (37h/week), a competitive salary, full study support for CIPS or Degrees /MBAs and free parking.
The main category of focus is Capital Projects with a spend of 200-300 million. The ideal candidate will have experience of capital procurement as well as NEC contracts.
To provide professional procurement and supply chain services in the following areas:-
· Category management, category analysis, strategic sourcing/ procurement of complex capital projects, working with and influencing the key business stakeholders.
· Supplier Relationship Management and delivery of supplier performance and alignment to business objectives, including health and safety, corporate social responsibility (CSR), innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
· The delivery of best in class procurement & supply chain processes and systems, ensuring effective governance, risk management, and knowledge management.
· Working with the business and supply chain to ensure consistent standards across the company including national frameworks and contracts, compliance, ethical procurement practice and alignment with our procedures, values and policies.
· Contract negotiation and contract management across a broad portfolio of supplies services and works, ensuring effective performance management as per contractual service level agreements (SLA’s); risk management and promote innovation and continuous improvement in the supplier relationship/service.
· Responsible for a broad range of categories – spanning capital and operational spend
· Conduct strategic sourcing projects using e-sourcing systems, leading cross-functional teams to deliver savings and other benefits
· Carry out market testing through benchmarking, rightsourcing reviews and other market intelligence to identify new opportunities
· Management of Supplier Agreements resulting from tenders or other market testing processes and making information available to the business through P2P and iProcure systems
· Pro-active Supplier Relationship Management of designated Suppliers to deliver continuous improvement, cost reduction and other benefits while managing and mitigating supply chain risk
· Support internal clients with the management of strategic contracts particularly in respect of commercial, contractual, pricing and improvement issues
· Demonstrate the expertise / best practice in designated areas e.g. e-Sourcing, Sustainability, Supplier Relationship Management, Ideally NEC Contracts (NEC3)