Reed Procurement - Public Sector are delighted to be working with a large employer based in South East London in recruiting a Category Manager. This is a brand new permanent position and you will be reporting directly to the Head of Clinical Procurement.
Please note: To be considered for this role you MUST have Category and OJEU experience.
- Lead the procurement process by delivering a portfolio of complex and/or high value contracts.
- Forge relationships and listen to the needs of clients and engage in productive discussions about options.
- Influence their procurement decisions offering reliable expert advice on commercial and contractual issues from initial scoping through to contract award and contract management.
- Seek new and innovative ways to achieve cash releasing savings.
- Offer reliable expert advice on commercial and contractual issues from initial scoping through to contract award and contract management.
- Produce Official Journal of European Union advertisements, complex tender documentation for clients.
- Provide guidance on purchasing activities and contract management.
- Work closely with user departments to enable clients to produce robust specifications with clear weighting criteria for goods and services.
- Lead tender adjudication and supplier meetings pre-and post-tender.
- Look for new business opportunities and continuously improve the quality of service to clients.
- Attend client base review meetings and follow up on any issues/actions agreed.
Essential skills and experience
- MCIPS (or equivalent experience)
- Track record of delivering cost reductions
- Expertise in Category and Contract management
- Experience of managing change
- Experience of managing high value and complex projects
- A demonstrable track record of procurement savings delivery
- Experience of operating at a senior level and having the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Significant experience of supplier relationship management
- Evidence of Strong commercial awareness and capability, and the ability to realise opportunities.
- Competitive Salary & Pension
- 10% Bonus