My client is recruiting for a casual assistant night duty manager / night porter.
The job description is as shown below: -
To maintain the agreed standards of service, cleanliness and security of the building at all times. To be the responsible person in charge in the absence of the Night Duty Manager. To ensure the coffee shop is open from 9:30pm to 11pm on a daily basis. To build effective relationships with client service users.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be the responsible person in charge of the building in the absence of the Night Duty Manager.
- Complete handovers at the start and end of each shift.
- Ensure that the till float is correct at the start of each shift during handover and any discrepancies are explained and recorded.
- Check the handover book for any messages and carry out any actions that have been requested.
- Maintain strict control over access to client during the night and ensure the front door is locked at midnight.
- Ensure all residents sign to confirm receipt of their mail, providing proof of identity where necessary. Complete a new “Mail List” itemising all un-collected mail in preparation for the day shift.
- Answer and forward any incoming calls to the client, taking messages when appropriate.
- Record any maintenance issues or faults on the helpdesk and report at handover.
- Provide general information on the company as requested (e.g. meal & prayer times, room & clothes cleaning, pay phones, activities, etc.).
- Provide local area information in response to requests from residents and visitors.
- Operate and monitor the systems in place for the hire and use of all client facilities, equipment and games.
- Allow access and greet all visitors; ascertaining the purpose for their visit, and ensuring they complete the visitors’ book / badges before allowing them access into the building.
- Ensure all visitors have vacated the premises by approximately 10.30pm.
- Ensure the security of the building making regular patrols around the company (minimum of two between midnight & 5am). Check that all windows and doors are secure.
- Receive and sign for early morning deliveries; e.g. bread, milk etc.
- Attend to client residents’ needs and ensure that highest standard of customer care is provided.
- Record and report all incidents appropriately alerting the Night Duty Manager in cases of emergency.
- Cash up at the end of the shift and handover to the day reception staff.
- Provide feedback from residents on the quality of the clients night service to the Assistant Facilities Manager.
- Assist in cover arrangements during the absence or leave of other members of client night team.
- To open the coffee shop from 9:30pm to 11:00pm providing a good customer service at all times and ensuring that the coffee shop is left clean and tidy.
- To cash up after the coffee shop and hand over the takings to the Night Duty Manager.
- Provide administrative assistance to all departments as required; e.g. invoice recording, completion of weekly & monthly sales monitors, printing sandwich labels, “daily specials” posters, lunch/dinner sales log forms etc.
- Carry out cleaning duties as directed by the Night Duty Manager which will include the restaurant, lounges, corridors, toilets and bathrooms, reception, offices, staircases, fire exits.
- Undertake, as required, any other duties within the daily operation of the client to maintain delivery of service to residents.
If you are interested please do apply!!