We are currently recruiting for the Public Sector - Police & Crime Commissioner who have an urgent requirement for a temporary (long term) Casework & Information Officer - looking for an immediate start
You will be responsible for providing support to the Casework Manager, dealing with casework and caseload as people see for the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) to redress these issues and concerns. Also you will be there as support to the members of public and their representative, including through surgeries, and provide support to the PCC and partners in listening to people, delivering on the Police and Crime Plan and keeping people safe and feeling safe.
This role is varied and you will be supporting a number of personnel.
· Support to the Casework Manager and Casework and Information Officer to deal with casework as people seek for the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) to redress their issues and concerns.
· Provide direct communication through varied channels to members of the public and their representatives, including through surgeries, and provide support to the PCC and partners in listening to people on what can present as complex and sensitive issues.
· Support to the Governance Manager and Information Governance Officer to ensure the OPCC is compliant with data protection and freedom of information legislation and regulations.
· Act as a point of contact for data protection and information management to provide support and advice to colleagues on a range of data protection issues.
· Support the management of information to ensure appropriate retention and disposal and support effective responses to requests for disclosure within the statutory time frames to ensure compliance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation.
Also whilst existing post holders are unavailable:
· Support to the Executive Support Officers in providing an efficient and effective support service to the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), Chief Executive & Solicitor (CX), Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner (DPCC) to enable them to fulfil their roles and responsibilities at a local, regional and national level.
· Act as a point of contact for the PCC and other Executive members receiving and actioning communications with the important ability to effectively prioritise, investigate, delegate and monitor the high volume of communications.
.Undertake any additional duties relevant to the role as required.
• Degree level or equivalent in a related professional area or relevant work experience
• Good IT literacy skills and ability to use MS Office software such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Proven ability to gather analyse, interpret and report information
• Proven experience of working to tight deadlines in a pressured environment
• Excellent communications skills
• Previous experience in an engagement role
• Knowledge/experience of working within a public relations environment
• Knowledge/experience of local policing and community safety - desirable
• Knowledge/experience of the Data Protection Act or Police Complaints Regulations - desirable
Hours of work are 37 - Monday to Friday