Job title: Case Officer (Special Educational Needs)
Location: Kent area
Pay: £17.97-£28.27p/h dependent on skills and experience
Duration: ASAP until April 2021
Hours: Full time Monday-Friday
Reed Further Education are working with a fantastic college in the Kent area who are looking to recruit a Special Educational Needs Case Officer for an immediate start on a temporary basis.
• To lead on the case management of SEND tribunal appeals and mediation process
• Manage a caseload of children and young people subject to Statutory Assessment for SEN and review
• Advise parents and schools where required and appropriate, taking forward to resolution whenever possible, within current policy and subject to decisions made by the Statutory Assessment and Review Panel, on behalf of the Local Authority
• To provide briefings to other professionals (e.g. Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care) to enable them to advise schools and parents on alternative strategies where Statutory Assessment has been decline.
Ideal candidates must have:
• Qualified Teacher Status and/ or equivalent qualification and/or relevant degree. i.e. Education practitioner, Qualified Social Worker or a therapist qualification to include Educational Psychologist, Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist/ Speech and Language Therapist or other.
• Experience of working in schools, LA or other relevant educational setting with some responsibility for SEN/AEN.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the application of the SEN code of practice and the role of schools, support services, Social Care and Health in implementing procedures for Statutory Assessment.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.