Are you currently looking for a change in your career?
Would you like a new role that is both challenging and fulfilling?
Reed Further Education are currently working in partnership with Novus, and are recruiting for a Carpentry Tutor to join the education team at HMYOI Cookham Wood, on a temporary to permanent basis.
This offers an exciting new opportunity for an individual who is looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
- Full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE or willing to work towards
- Recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a prison environment
If you are interested and would like to find out more about available and potential positions, please apply and we will get in touch to discuss.