One of our largest local authority based in London are looking to recruit two Carpenters on a 3 months contract with a view to extend if all goes well. It is a full-time role from Monday to Friday. 35 hours a week.
Purpose of the role:
- To carry out Carpentry works and relevant trade duties as instructed by the Supervisor on Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent standard upon completion.
- To plan and organise workload to maximise productive time and ensure the best service to customers. This includes dealing with urgent and emergency repairs and ensuring, as far as practicable, that all appointments and targets are met.
- To promptly inform a scheduler planner/supervisor of any unanticipated problems or delays that might impact on appointments for that day, so that work can be rescheduled.
- To provide regular updates and information to supervisors/scheduler planner team and other colleagues to assist with ordering of materials, planning and scheduling of work.
- To report any follow on or related repair works identified with the customer where these cannot be completed during the visit, providing sufficient detail to ensure an accurate ‘further works’ order is raised on the system.
Candidates must have past experience in the field to be considered for the role. If you have the experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.