Caretakers required for Surrey Police on an ongoing temporary basis.
The ideal candidates will be available at short notice, happy to undergo a DBS security check and have a clean driving license.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
To maintain safe and effective buildings and working environments to assist administrative and operational staff to meet their responsibilities in promoting a quality police service.
- Routinely check fixtures and fittings and to either make good or escalate faults found.
- To conduct inspections of all police buildings including section houses to ensure hygiene, equipment and general state of repair meet Health & Safety requirements and report to Premises Management Officers.
- General cleaning outside of the cleaning contracts including secure areas, car parks, garages, flat roofs, gutters and drains, dog kennels, entrances and pathways and, when appropriate, clearing snow and salting to maintain access and usage.
- To collect and drop cars to the Force Garage/outside agencies for repair and maintenance as and when required.
- To perform any other duties as designated from time to time, consistent with the grade and nature of this post.
Possession of a current full driving licence and has the ability to pass the tests to drive any relevant types of police vehicles including personnel carriers.
Must be well organised, a good time manager, have the initiative to undertake the various duties and responsibilities of the position and deal promptly with any issues arising without reference to supervisors unless considered necessary.
Have basic administration skills and an understanding of best practice in relation to completion of forms.
Has good verbal and communication skills, to communicate clearly and concisely with staff and representatives of contractors and to report accurately on maintenance and servicing issues. Take readings of meters as required.
Has previous experience in undertaking minor repairs and servicing of buildings.
To have the ability to undertake training and become competent in the routine operation and maintenance of boiler, heating and other systems in use within the police buildings for which they are responsible.
To work effectively as a member of a team.
Has proven working knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
Has a basic knowledge of use of computers.
If you are available at short notice and looking for ongoing temporary work, please email your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org