We are looking for a Caretaker and Minibus driver - Long Term Temp and Perm Opportunity
You would need to have the following skills:
Under the direction of the Business manager undertake general maintenance in order to ensure
that school buildings and the school site are maintained to a high standard and are secure.
- Undertake minor maintenance and repairs as required. This will include internal and external areas.
- Undertake emergency repairs to minimise disruption to the school working day.
- Check the safety and efficiency of all equipment prior to use. Ensure safety of trailing electrical
- cables and wet surfaces using warning signs as appropriate.
- Exterior areas should be swept regularly and checked daily for litter and any dangerous objects.
- Exterior ledges and surfaces should be kept clean at all times. All sticks, stones and any items that provided by the school administrator and that equipment is made available for the cover staff.
To ensure that the safeguarding needs of children and young people are met
- To drive pupils as requested to and from the school
- To encourage good standards of behaviour and monitor the behaviour of pupils in accordance with
- the school’s behaviour management policy
- To observe school security and health and safety arrangements
- To ensure all school minibuses are kept roadworthy and compliant with legal requirements (MOT, Tax etc)
- To carry out basic vehicle checks and conduct/arrange for maintenance to be completed as
- required for all school minibuses
- To ensure all log books/driving records are completed for each journey for all minibuses
- To report any vehicle defects or accidents immediately to the School Business Manager
- Preparation and distribution of daily transport rotas
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations and codes of practice
If you hold a clean driving licence and have the experience of a Caretaker please apply and we look forward to hearing from you.