We are looking for an enthusiastic, capable and proactive Caretaker to carry out general caretaking duties at a large Secondary School located in Nuneaton in Warwickshire.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible and self-motivated, have good communication skills and a good understanding of health and safety requirements that may occur within a school environment. Previous experience of working in a school would be advantageous but is not essential.
You will be responsible for the security of the premises, general maintenance work and repairs, health and safety issues relating to the building, cleaning and porterage duties. It is essential that you are capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting and carrying of equipment, materials and furniture, and able to climb ladders.
You may be expected to undertake lettings for the school premises.
To work with our clients, you must be positive, hardworking and have a strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
• Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the buildings
• Carry out and record statutory checks and help maintain Health and Safety records
• Maintenance of property and grounds to a high standard including liaising with contractors
• Monitor site stock and order supplies
• Carry out DIY above and beyond the scope of a competent DIY person, completing more specialist work as required
• Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety
• Carrying out basic building repairs
• Scheduled maintenance
• Record keeping
• Statutory testing and recording
• Key holder responsibilities
This role will require a DBS check and relevant vetting and compliance as per DFES guidance.
If you would like to be considered for the role please submit a copy of your CV at your earliest convenience to Chris Ward at Reed or call for more information!