One of our largest local Housing Association based in North London are looking to recruit a Caretaker on a 3 months contract with a view to extend. It is a full time role from Monday to Friday. 35 hours a week.
Purpose of the role:
To be a visible presence and representative for the housing association in the neighbourhood, to deliver a high quality, responsive caretaking service to residents, ensuring cleanliness, safety and security as well as undertaking minor communal repairs. The post holder will also be responsible for reporting other Housing Management and repair issues.
- Clean all external communal areas including entrance areas footpaths refuse areas, estate roads and drying areas.
- Clear litter and rubbish from all communal areas on estate. · Sweep and wash communal staircase and landings as appropriate.
- Remove or report for collection bulk refuse dumped in communal areas. · Ensure refuse disposal facilities function correctly, are kept clear and paladin bins are changed as necessary. Place paladin bins ready for collection.
- Report untaxed or abandoned vehicles on estate roads and car parks. · Remove or paint over areas of graffiti.
- Identify hazards and complete risk assessments on a daily basis dealing with defects as instructed.
- Grit estate access paths and roads where appropriate when snowfall and ice expected.
- Check operation of lift and lift alarm where appropriate.
- Respond to fire alarms and assist emergency services as required. Contact emergency services whenever required.
- Identify issues of security and take remedial action.
- Contact Police when appropriate and help maintain safety and security on estate.
- Check operation of door entry system as part of estate inspection.
- Ensure communal lighting is operational at appropriate times. Change defective bulbs and clean diffusers. Report defective fittings where required.
If you have the required experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.