I am currently supporting a large secondary school to recruit for a Premises Assistant to join their team in support of their Premises Manager.
About the role
- Site Security - opening and closing the campus and buildings, keyholder responsibilities and join the on call rota for our of hours alerts.
- Maintenance & Repairs - basic DIY and routine repairs, maintenance of fixtures and fittings, support with building work and alterations.
- Cleaning & Environment - support with general cleaning around the school, assist with clearing bins and litter, promote energy saving.
- Experience in a similar kind of role within a premises or facilities team and have good health to manage the physical labour aspects of this kind of post.
- A full driving licence is required - a minibus licence would be great or willingness to undertake the test
- DIY/repairs skills
- A good understanding of Health & Safety including COSHH
- You will be expected to live within a reasonable distance of the school in order to fufill the on call requirements.
If you don't have an Enhanced DBS already, you will be required to obtain one plus 5 years referencing.