* School Caretaker
* Full time or Permanent
* ASAP start
Reed Education are currently looking for hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated people to work within our Primary Schools in Bromley as a School Caretaker
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• To carry out normal maintenance functions, minor repairs or procure contractors in liaison with the Repairs and Maintenance Co-ordinator
• To compile, update and monitor all regulatory Health and Safety documents
• To serve on the Health & Safety Committee as required
• To carry out regular testing such as; Fire drill and record test, Fire alarm test,
• Emergency lighting test, Annual maintenance paperwork (PAT testing)
• To ensure main internal thoroughfares of premises are kept safe and tidy
• To arrange classroom and communal areas to be laid out and ready as required for plays, Parent Evenings and other such events
• To receive deliveries and move to appropriate storage locations
• To empty and maintain external communal rubbish bins daily, ensuring that all rubbish is stored appropriately.
• To assist teaching staff with simple tasks as requested
The Ideal candidate will:
• have experience within a school as a Caretaker
• hold a DBS
• be available for a minimum of 305 days per year
Applications are invited from candidates with the skills and enthusiasm to be part of a team that will ensure that School premises and facilities are functional, safe, secure, clean and fit for purpose.
If you feel you have the experience and skills for this type of position please apply online and your designated consultant will be in touch with you as soon as possible.