Job Role: Primary School Caretaker
Location: Enfield, Barnet or Hertfordshire
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £10-£14p/h (dependant on experience)
We are currently working with a number of schools within the Enfield, Barnet and Hertfordshire areas, who are in need of Caretakers/ Site assistants to help with the general maintenance of the school and its grounds.
Your tasks as a school caretaker or school premises manager would vary depending on the particular job, but could include:
- supervising cleaning staff
- carrying out day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs
- booking outside contractors for major repair work
- making sure that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- making sure that doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins
- opening up the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- arranging chairs and tables for meetings and clearing away afterwards
- ordering fuel, cleaning materials, new equipment and furniture
- taking bookings if rooms in the building are available for hire.
What you will need:
- Practical DIY skills to carry out minor repairs.
- The ability to manage your own workload.
- Good problem solving skills.
- The ability to supervise cleaning staff and manage contractors.
- Awareness of health, safety, security and hygiene issues.
- To be physically fit.
- A willingness to work flexibly.
- Ideally an Enhanced DBS on the update service (although we can process one for you)
- Commitment to the safety and welfare of all pupils
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by emailing: email@example.com If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Marie on 0208 884 9802